Your Profile Page
- Once your application to become a Seller is approved you will receive a Seller Profile form to complete and return so your profile can be added to the website (example). This will help people get to know you and your work.
- Reciprocal sharing and promotion of your photography and My Place in Print is very much encouraged. Please feel free to include links to other sites where you images may be displayed in your profile, unless these: 1) Include the separate sale of your photography by yourself or by other parties on your behalf e.g. other agents (to avoid possible conflicts in pricing with My Place in Print). or 2) Are your personal social media platforms and include irrelevant or non photographic material.
- Edits to your profile are presently made by My Place in Print. Please just get in touch with any future amendments you require and these will be made to the website.
Transfer Your Photographs
- Once you have one or more photos you wish to sell on My Place in Print you can transfer these files online (maximum 10 at any one time). The copyright for each image is retained by you.
- Each image must accord with the Photography Guidelines (standard image sizes, minimum resolution, etc.), be your own (your copyright), and be accompanied by a text document stating the image title and providing a short description about the image (for example the place and features in the image, when it was taken, conditions at the time, etc.). Have a look at this example to get the idea for the text.
- Transfer your image files with the accompanying text document using either the website or the WE Transfer website and here’s a guide on how to do this.
Get Your Images Online
- Your images will be approved for selling based upon 2 criteria: 1) Compliance with the Photography Guidelines and 2) Merit. The merit of your images will be judged upon their photographic quality and whether they fit with My Place in Print’s philosophy. Here’s a guide to help you understand what is suitable. Please understand it is My Place in Print’s decision on what is considered ‘a good photo’ for this website. This wont necessarily be the same as your opinion or anybody else’s and doesn’t mean an image is good or bad; merely that it is suitable for this website, or not!!
- My Place in Print will not alter your image files in any way.
- If your images are approved they’ll be added to the website and you will receive an email to notify you when this has been done.
- Images displayed on the website will include your Seller Name as a watermark.
- You can access your own Seller Dashboard at www.myplaceinprint.com when logged in and view your own portfolio.
- If your images are declined you’ll receive and email explaining why and whether changes are required so that they can be resubmitted.
- PLEASE NOTE that it may take a few days for images to go live on the website as each image is submitted to the printers to acquire a test print to prove the image quality at the maximum print size. This is done before images are approved and can go live on the website.
Monitor Sales and Get Paid
- Once live your photography will be available for customers to buy through My Place in Print as a product, for example framed prints. Images are not sold as digital files, only physical products.
- Each time a sale occurs on the My Place in Print website you will receive an automatically generated email notification confirming the sale, i.e. what has been sold and the commission due to you (15% as standard).
- Although My Place in Print has a recommended pricing structure for the products it sells bearing your images, there is flexibility for this to be reviewed, so that you can have a say in the pricing of your products. In effect, mutually agreeing the best price for your work.
- You can view your ongoing sales records any time by logging in to My Place in Print and accessing your personal Seller Dashboard.
- At the end of each month your total commission on all your sales for that month will be transferred to your bank account by BACs (electronic bank transfer) or PayPal with an accompanying email to confirm this has taken place. Please ensure you have returned your BACS/PayPal form.
- You can view your products currently on sale, your sales and account details at any time by logging in to My Place in Print and accessing your Seller Dashboard.
- You can add new images at any time by repeating the same process described above via the website or WE Transfer.
- If you wish to remove or alter a single (or multiple) images please contact My Place in Print to confirm which images are to be deleted and then repeat the image transfer process for the replacement images.
- Your images will be treated sensitively to preserve their security; they are yours and yours alone. You can find out more about this here – Image Security.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw your image files and stop trading, you can contact My Place in Print and your account will be closed and all of your files deleted.
- If at any time you have any questions or comments or feedback you can easily get in touch by email, phone or even post. My Place in Print is run by a photographer (yes, a real human being in a real place!) for photographers so the more I can help or improve things for everyone the better!
- For further information please read the FAQs.
Enquiries or Feedback: